[vorbis-dev] Cross Platform Mixers and LibAO

Ben Rockwood benr at cuddletech.com
Sat Aug 2 17:51:50 PDT 2003

<quote who="Stan Seibert">
> Have you looked at SDL and SDL_mixer?  Those APIs are fairly
> cross-platform, and will probably do better for you.

I have.  The SDL in general is far further reaching than I'd like.  Not to
say I couldn't use only SDL_mixer.h, but right now my little player
already has 7 library pre-reqs outside of libc, I'd hate to throw SDL
ontop of that unless I really have to.  I think I'd rather implement 3
diffrent mixers and have them called based on the return of
ao_default_driver_id().
benr.