[vorbis-dev] Sync ogg/vorbis streams

Mr I konny at waitrose.com
Mon Aug 11 16:12:03 PDT 2003

Goodday everyone,
I am brand new to this mailing list and to ogg/vorbis so I apologies if
I am out of line.

I am attempting to get synchronised streams to x clients via a WAN (i.e.
internet). Currently due to buffering , latency etc.. the client streams
are on average 1 - 10 seconds out of sync.

My question is this. Does either ogg or vorbis contain timestamp
information that could be use to sync  clients  and if so how would you
propose this could be implemented in both server and client?

I'm not a great hacker but am willing to have a go at the problem if I
know where to look and what the potential pitfalls are.

Any constructive help / ideas / comment will be received with gratitude.