[vorbis-dev] Entropy coding in Vorbis

Richard Felton Richard.Felton at rd.bbc.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 06:15:15 PDT 2003

I have developed a flexible arithmetic coder implementation and I am now
looking to incorporate it into a compression system for some proper
testing. It is my intention to incorporate the coder into the Vorbis
codec to attempt to improve on the current Huffman tree system. It would
be useful if someone could point me at the main c and h files that deal
with the entropy coding as I am currently trailing  through the
execution path from the encoder example.<br>
Forgive the general nature of this reply but I thought it specific enough
to warrant its inclusion on this list.<br>
Regards,<br>
Richard.
<x-sigsep>
</x-sigsep>
Richard Felton |
</u></font><x-tab>        </x-tab>
BBC Research & Development
<x-tab>     </x-tab><x-tab>        </x-tab>
Kingswood Warren, Tadworth,
Surrey, KT20 6NP<br>
tel. +44 (0) 1737 839835 || int. 39835