[vorbis-dev] oggsplit, where should I throw it?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Sun Aug 3 18:56:21 PDT 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 05:19, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> DISCLAIMER: this isn't directly connected to vorbis development, but
> there's no mailing list dedicated to generic ogg-dev discussion.

That's fine, this list is appropriate.

> I've written a small tool I call oggsplit to split physical ogg streams
> into the logical ogg streams, either chained (i.e. undoing cat file1.ogg
> file2.ogg > file3.ogg) or grouped (e.g. separating video and audio in a
> theora+vorbis ogg file), or both.

Sounds like a useful little tool, it'd be an excellent idea to include this.

> * What license? My personal choice is GNU GPL, but if for any reason you
> xiph-people want some other license for these tools, I'll go along with
> that.

The tools are generally GPL, so that's fine.

> * If you think it would be appropriate to include the tool in ogg-tools,
> could you arrange for a cvs account so I can continue to work on it and
> a mail address so I don't have to put my private mail in the sources?

We generally offer people cvs accounts once they've demonstrated that they're
contuining to contribute, etc, rather than immediately giving out accounts to
people who do something.

So, if you want to finish off your tool and get the auto-* stuff working to
build it properly, we'd be happy to include it.

Mike