[vorbis-dev] 24 bit with ogg

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Apr 7 03:36:47 PDT 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 20:18, oliver thuns wrote:
> Michael Smith wrote:
> > On Sunday 06 April 2003 02:24, bernd129 at web.de wrote:
> >>Hello.
> >>Does ogg support 24 bit wav files for encoding?
> >
> > Yes, though the 1.0 release did not. This will be included in the 1.0.1
> > release, or you can update to cvs.
>
> will there also be 32bit (int & float)?

I've yet to see anyone using 32 bit integer wav files. I haven't even ever
used any software capable of producing them.
If you can a) convince me that they're useful (which wouldn't be too hard),
and b) supply me with an example file (via private email, a couple of meg is
fine), I'll add support for them, though.

It already (I _think_ this was in 1.0, but I'm not 100% certain) supports 32
bit floating point wav files.

Mike