AW: AW: [vorbis-dev] Java OGG player

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Sat Apr 5 09:51:45 PST 2003

> >What is the reason for you to require the installation of
> thrusted software
> >to playback an Ogg stream?
>
> Access to the system's native audio device requires installation.

That's, as Silvano already stated, simply wrong. Audio playback is not a
trusted action in Java, and there's no reason to install software
permanently or require any special privileges from the VM to do so.

> >  And are the sources available for download
> >somewhere?
>
> See: http://www.freedomaudio.com/opensource/

I did it yesterday and found only two licence texts. I did it today and
found only one licence text. Are the sources available somewhere?

I've also tried the player now, and none of the demos are working (using
IE6.0 on Windows with Sun's JDK 1.4.1_01 or 1.4.2beta).

Tor