Re(2): [vorbis-dev] Ogg doesn't measure up?!

Didier Guillion didier at myriad-online.com
Thu Apr 3 22:05:48 PST 2003

Hi ,
you wrote :

>I truly doubt winamp is the most popular player.  My guess is that it's
>been several years since that was remotely true.  I'm curious what
>people are using these days.  On MacOS X it seems obvious that iTunes is
>the winner.  On Linux probably XMMS.  On Windows I'd put my money on
>Windows Media Player.
>
>Perhaps someone has a pointer to some survey/research in this area that

I am a beginner with Vorbis Ogg because I work on it since 5 days only, but
in one day I included the Ogg Vorbis import/export in my programs, and
they are now shipped.

So I think it is a big plus for Ogg Vorbis : it is very easy to integrate
even if the application is complex.
(The only minor bad point, is the name of some headers which can be
different to avoid conflicts, for example by using vorbiscodec.h instead
of codec.h)

Recently the biggest Radio in my Country : "Radio France" had switched to
.ogg format :
<http://www.radiofrance.fr/services/aide/difflive.php#ogg>

at this date there is no streaming program which can read this on Mac OS
X, and this is a very bad point because the end user don't try to
understand if it is a .ogg problem or not.
The end user see that yesterday he can listen using MP3 stream and now he
can't listen.

Best regards

Didier Guillion
didier at myriad-online.com
Please, always repeat my message in your answer.
Répétez s'il vous plait mon message dans votre réponse.
Don't miss our news on-lines Tutorials :
Ne manquez pas les nouveaux Didacticiels en ligne :
www.myriad-online.com/video
If you want to receive the new versions announcements by e-mail go to :
www.myriad-online.com/cgi-bin/news.pl
Pour être tenu au courant des dernières versions inscrivez-vous à la
lettre d'information :
www.myriad-online.com/cgi-bin/news.pl?lang=fr