[vorbis-dev] Ogg doesn't measure up?!

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Thu Apr 3 19:12:42 PST 2003

> Yes, which is a shame, because winamp is the most popular player out there,
> and the rest might be tempted to follow if they had decided to use Vorbis,
> thereby becoming leaders and not lame followers.

I truly doubt winamp is the most popular player.  My guess is that it's
been several years since that was remotely true.  I'm curious what
people are using these days.  On MacOS X it seems obvious that iTunes is
the winner.  On Linux probably XMMS.  On Windows I'd put my money on
Windows Media Player.

Perhaps someone has a pointer to some survey/research in this area that
is recent.

jack.