[vorbis-dev] Vorbis files merging

Vitaly Nechyos nvit at open.by
Thu Sep 19 05:05:41 PDT 2002

Good day.

I have some questions dealing with merging Ogg Vorbis files.
Suppose I want merge two Ogg Vorbis files encoded with the same parameters
into one file that composed of one logical bitstream. In this connection
some
questions:
A) Are codebooks in file headers depend only on Vorbis version and
    encoding parameters and don't depend on the particular source file?
B) Are the following steps enough to do merging?:
    - unset e_o_s flags in the last packet of the first file;
    - unset b_o_s flags in the first packet of the second file;
    - write additionally to the first file data data from the second file,
which
      located after headers of the second file, at the same time changing
granuleposes
      and packetnos for packets from the second file;

Thanks.

Vitaly.