[vorbis-dev] Test files for decoder implementation

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo Tor-Einar_Jarnbjo at grosch-link.de
Wed Sep 18 05:17:46 PDT 2002

Hi,

I am trying to implement a Vorbis decoder in Java, and I have some
problems understanding the file-format specification included with
libvorbis. In the header description, there are a few obvious mistakes,
which I believe to have solved, but when I try to decode the audio
packets, the decoded floor and residue data doesn't seem to make
sense at all, and after a few packets, my decoder is out of sync
with the bitstream.

Are there any test files (or something like that) available, where
the content is documented, so that it is possible to test a decoder
implementation and more easily be able to find the bugs?