[vorbis-dev] Re: AW: Re: OCX for playing ogg files in MS windows perform

ChristianHJW christianhjw at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 22 04:07:39 PDT 2002

"Hendrik Mans" <hendrik at mans.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:000301c279ad$6a5391c0$0100a8c0 at metzelbert...
> > This is easy - you just link to the playlist file for the
> > stream (you can either use a static playlist file, or use the
> > one that icecast2 will dynamically generate - to get this,
> > just append ".m3u" to the URL for the actual stream). Then
> > the user's web browser will start their media player, point
> > it at the stream, and play it. Easy!
> Thank you, but I think you misunderstood the question. We were talking
> about the Ogg Vorbis DirectShow filters that "plug into" Windows Media
> Player. They can play local Ogg Vorbis files fine, but apparently it's
> not possible to make WMP stream Ogg Vorbis streams at all, unless I am
> wrong. Hence my question.
> - Hendrik

I guess the reason why Michael misunderstood your question is that i
completely missed the point of the original question. Thanks to all people
explaining to me what OCX files are. I never was involved in a VB project,
so i never heard of OCX. I was convinced Wei was asking about  .ax files,
being the normal extension for Windows Dshow filters. Sorry, my bad !

About Ogg streaming via Dshow filters on WMP :

I heard some rumours Tobias Waldvogel has plans here, but i am not fully
informed about the goal. If you drop me a mail to christianhjw at users dot
sourceforge dot net in a few weeks i will maybe be able to tell you more
about it, because i am in close contact with the people that do know more on
this subject.

Regards

Christian