[vorbis-dev] Patch: remote interface for ogg123

Richard van Paasen rvpaasen at dds.nl
Sun Oct 6 09:32:17 PDT 2002

Hi,

A few months ago, I implemented a remote interface to ogg123
similar to that of mpg123. I did this to add playback of ogg
files to irmp3, a mp3 jukebox that already interfaces with mpg123.

I have tested the interface for a while and found it stable. I've
sent patches to the irmp3 development team and hope that
they'll be integrated soon in irmp3. It would be very usefull
if the remote interface is added to ogg123. Several applications
that use mpg123 as their back-end can easily plugin ogg123 as
a replacement (or additon) with this remote interface. The
interface receives commands via stdin and sends responses to
stdout.

I have attached a patch for vorbis-tools 1.0 (only ogg123 will
be patched). Instructions for deployment are in the tarball.

- Richard.
PS. I know that Joost Remijn also worked on a remote interface
for ogg123. I have no intention to propose my solution as a better
one, I leave that judgement to the ogg123 development team.