[vorbis-dev] two questions re vorbisfile API

Alejandro G. Belluscio baldusi at uol.com.ar
Mon Oct 28 11:46:17 PST 2002

Hello Ralph,

RG> On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 05:14 PM, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

>> c) am i correct in assuming that each logical bitstream in the phyiscal
>> one can contain at most one COMMENT tag ?

RG> No, you can have as many instances of the same tag as you want in a
RG> particular header packet. See
RG> http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html.

But may be he means the there can only be one comments page/packet
(I alwas confuse the term) in ogg vorbis. Actually the second one
always has to be a comment. But I haven't read the specification so I
don't know if you can have more.
BTW FLAC can have as many comment packets as you want. Since it can be
embedded in an ogg framing, may be you can generalize the ogg reading
and not have that asumption. I'm not sure about speex.

Regards,
Alejandro Belluscio