[vorbis-dev] high frequencies response

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Wed Oct 9 15:56:50 PDT 2002

Frank Grotelueschen wrote:

> It includes the original wav-file (5sec length) and ogg-files from
> quality 0 up to 10. This effect is very noticable from q0 to q4,
> it is then reduced more and more from q5 up to q10.
> Quality 10 sound ok, the frequence response is flat. But the
> filesize is much too high for using it.

I'd better not try to explain myself, or I'd likely come off sounding
like a goof. :)   Check out these:
    http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/200202/0283.html
    http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/200209/0026.html
    http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/stereo.html
AFAIK, this problem should not be observed above -q 6 in 1.0, where
lossless stereo coupling takes effect.

Here's another interesting thread I'll throw at you:
    http://www.xiph.org/archives/vorbis/200207/0178.html

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- XNS  : =David K Gasaway