[vorbis-dev] ogg123 remote interface

Richard van Paasen rvpaasen at dds.nl
Sat Oct 5 18:56:44 PDT 2002

Joost Remijn wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been working on ogg123 to see if i could add a remote interface
>compatible with the one in mpg123. This remote interface is used mainly by
>mp3 players which use mpg123 as their backend.

Joost,

I also implemented the remote control interface a while ago. I
implemented it
from scratch, but it's compatible with mpg123's remote interface. I did not
use the mpg123 solution but wrote a module that implements a thread for
the interface. The modification to the ogg123 sources is kept minimal.

Maybe we should check out our solutions ...

- Richard.