[vorbis-dev] Compiling ogg123 under powerpc-apple-darwin6.1

Stan Seibert volsung at mailsnare.net
Thu Nov 28 19:56:10 PST 2002

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 16:33, Timothy J. Wood wrote:

> - configure with CC="cc -no-cpp-precomp' to disable the old style
> precompiled header support (2.95.x does not understand vararg macros).
> - Select gcc3 as your default compiler with:
> 	sudo gcc_select 3
>
>    I don't recall whether gcc3 defaults to using old precomps -- I think
> not, but neither of these alone fixes the problem, both together
> should.  I use vararg macros on Mac OS X all the time, so it is
> definitely supported :)

Yeah, the flag fixes it.  I've found the fink people already have
patches in their archive to build vorbis tools on OS X.  They include
this flag as part of their CFLAGS.

However, in the process of testing this, I found that libcurl on OS X
requires the ssl and crypto libraries to be linked with ogg123.  "No
problem," I thought and went to go look incorporating the output from
curl-config into the build script.  I was surprised to see that
curl-config --libs outputs the following:

-arch i386 -arch ppc -lssl -lcrypto

(Note, this is the curl-config that came with 10.2.  I don't know about
other OS X versions or the curl that is in fink.)

Anyone know why "-arch i386" is in there?

---
Stan Seibert