[vorbis-dev] Low bitrates

Florian Kusche florian.kusche at informatik.uni-ulm.de
Tue Nov 26 14:32:23 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm sorry my last message was a bit short...

 > however, vorbis_encode_init() does not allow me to set bitrates below 32kbps. How can i
 > set 24kbps?

the exact function call that does not work is:
vorbis_encode_init( &vi, 1, 44100, -1, 24000, -1 ) => Mono, 44,1kHz, 24kbps

I would really like to try 24kbps because the quality at 32kbps is still very good (for
that bitrate)

I am using the Windows SDK (oggvorbis-win32sdk-1.0)

Thanks,
Flo