[vorbis-dev] Flushing the encoder's buffers?

Chris Nuernberger christopher.nuernberger at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 27 21:53:46 PST 2002

> What is the recommended way of flushing the Encoder's buffers.
> My audio recording seem to be getting truncated.

When you are completely finished with your recording of that section,
where normally you would do:
--vorbis_analysis_wrote( &m_vorbisDsp, dataLength/dataSize );
you do:
vorbis_analysis_wrote( &m_vorbisDsp, 0 );
This signifies you are finished.  You also will need to then write out the
remaining chunks just as if you had given the compressor actual data instead
of indicating end of stream.  Chris