[vorbis-dev] size of vectors to be fed to MDCT

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Mar 26 05:59:31 PST 2002

At 02:38 PM 3/26/02 +0100, you wrote:
>You mean upper limit = 65536 and any values in between (and are 2 to the
>power something) can be used? I tried with my song and found that n =
>2048.

There's also a lower limit - 64, I think. Remember that there are two
blocksizes used in any file. The current encoder (and in fact all actual
releases of the encoder) uses 256 and 2048 for these two sizes. As long
as the short block size is less than or equal to the long block size,
any power-of-2 values between min (64, I think), and max (65536, I think)
are permissible.

Michael