[vorbis-dev] mdct.c

Pattara Kiatisevi pkiatisevi at student.ei.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Mar 21 10:41:12 PST 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Monty wrote:

> > As we're trying to put libvorbis on LEON chip running on XSV-800 FPGA
> > board, the code runs now (simple player using Pthread on RTEMS/LEON)  but
> > it seems that we have to implement some functions in hardware in order to
> > help speed up the decoding process. We target this mdct_backward()
> > first. Do you have any comment? Is there any other hardware-friendly and
> > computation-intensive functions?
>
> Most other operations are vectorizable...  The LSP filter code (only
> used by re-pc bitstreams) could also benefit from
> optimization/hardware implementation.  Aside from MDCT, there are no
> other huge, expensive black-box transforms in decode.

How about this vorbis_book_decodevv_add and its children? From my profile
information it consumes 20.5% of time. Do you think it is
worth/possible/difficult to do it in hardware?

With the MDCT done in hardware, the 15-second song is played in 18.87
seconds...any other idea to speed it up? :) ....

Thank you very much,
Pattara