[vorbis-dev] Smallest possible file.

David Siebert david at eclipsecat.com
Fri Mar 15 11:44:17 PST 2002

I have just started to play with vorbis ogg. I wonder if anyone has any
suggestions on how to get the smallist possible file. I am trying to use it
to record audio in a legal setting.
I have tried using -M4 and I have gotten an okay size file but mp3 makes a
smaller file that is just as clear.
I have also tried -q0 and file was a bit on the large size.
I know that ogg is no optimized for speach but some of the speech codecs we
hace used degrade when people talk over each other.
So far ogg has not.
I have heard that the ogg people are optimizeing it for low bit rates. Is
that done yet?
Thanks for any info.