[vorbis-dev] vorbis.com IP

R.L. Horn eastcheap at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 20:48:30 PST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Graham Mitchell wrote:

> Vorbis is up, it's just that the old IP address is still cached lots of
> places.
>
> (This according to Monty, who I talked to earlier today.)

I think there may still be some DNS problems.  I just restarted named
(thus emptying the cache) and I still have problems resolving vorbis.com:

  #ndc restart
  #nslookup
  Default Server:  localhost
  Address:  127.0.0.1

  > vorbis.com
  Server:  localhost
  Address:  127.0.0.1

  *** localhost can't find vorbis.com: Non-existent host/domain
  > server motherfish.xiph.org
  Default Server:  motherfish.xiph.org
  Address:  216.27.191.133

  > vorbis.com
  Server:  motherfish.xiph.org
  Address:  216.27.191.133

  Name:    vorbis.com
  Address:  216.27.191.130

Of course, now it's cached and will work fine.

address if I tried two or three times.

If at first you don't succeed, maybe?