[vorbis-dev] UTF-8 & Hebrew

Ross Levis ral at baycom.co.nz
Sun Mar 10 13:17:52 PST 2002

Beni Cherniavksy wrote:
> I thought WinVorbis was supposed to support Unicode
> but this seems to indicate that it does use unicode when displaying.
> OTOH, it does read/write UTF-8 correctly.

I presume you mean "does NOT use unicode".  I know very little about
unicode or UTF-8.  I added a UTF-8 decode function to WinVorbis but
obviously that is not enough.  I suspect I may have to store the UTF-8
decoded string in a 16-bit WideString, rather than an 8-bit AnsiString.
I'll have a go at that in the next day or 2.

Ross Levis.