[vorbis-dev] UTF-8 & Hebrew

Beni Cherniavksy cben at techunix.technion.ac.il
Thu Mar 7 03:22:51 PST 2002

On 2002-03-07, Ross Levis wrote:

> This user had Russian as his default codepage & couldn't see the Hebrew.
>  Maybe he needs to swap that around.  I'm not sure what consequences
> that will have on other apps.

Those that don't use Unicode, will be able to show Hebrew but will stop
showing Russian.  Depending on his applications, only he can determine if
that's acceptable for him - but it probably isn't ;=)

> Beni, could you try WinVorbis to see if Hebrew appeares OK for you.
> http://winvorbis.stationplaylist.com

Will now try, downloading oggenc and VorbisExt to create a file (not at
home now)...

BTW, shouldn't WinVorbis be added to the windows software section of
vorbis.com?

> Beni Cherniavksy wrote:
>
> >I can see all text (Hebrew & Russian, Hebrew is my default
> >codepage) in Peter's plugin - when I double click the tag to edit.

                 (also scben at t2 in Technion)
Common Lisp is better than Common Source and
Open Source is better than Open Collector (YMMV).