[vorbis-dev] GOOD BUSINESS FOR YOU

Ray Heasman nurf at spamcop.net
Wed Jun 26 14:47:21 PDT 2002

Hi Monty,

There is a way around this. You can use TMDA, which will send back a
confirmation request to someone if their mail address isn't on a
whitelist. It just sends an email saying "Reply to this if you are
human.". In my experience this cuts out 99.99% of spam.

If you would like to see how it works, try a test mailing to
ray at rucus.ru.ac.za (Monty only. I'm not going to spend my life deleting
test mail. :-) )

Anyway, you could vet your incoming stuff to the maillist using TMDA.
This would mean:

1) People off the list can still post to it, in exchange for a
confirmation message the first time they attempt it.
2) People on the list don't get spam. Hopefully, you won't need to worry
as much about your spam list either.
3) You an make TMDA add confirmed addresses to a whitelist
automatically, so you wouldn't have to do it yourself, and users
wouldn't be bugged by confirmation requests.

TMDA can be found at http://tmda.sf.net
I'm not involved with them. I just like their project.

Cheers,
Ray