[vorbis-dev] vorbisenc 1.0 BLADEENC like wrapper

S. Schulz/ MarvinTec support at marvintec.com
Sun Jul 21 03:44:37 PDT 2002

Hi Jack Moffitt,
>> I released a BladeEnc-style wrapper for the Ogg Vorbis 1.0 codec which
>> works with my CD ripper ACXtractor.
> Um, why don't you just support multiple commandline encoders instead of
> insisting that everything should conform to such an old interface?  Or
> am I missing something?
I do not insist to use an old interface.
But it is the possibility to give old programs OGG VORBIS support!
Just rename the file from vorb_enc.dll to bladeenc.dll. That's all.
With this little step you will increase the OGG VORBIS users and make
the encoder more popular.

The second advantage is that this encoder release consists only of one
file instead of three.
If you have ever get message like "I put one of the DLLs to this directory
but nothing happens" you know what I mean ;-)

Stefan Schulz/ MarvinTec

mailto:support at marvintec.com
http://www.marvintec.com
http://www.marvintec.de