[vorbis-dev] vcomment question

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Fri Jul 12 18:56:28 PDT 2002

> Yes, most projects have configure generate config.h with lots of these
> defines.  We don't have a whole lot of them (except in vorbis-tools), so
> we just let configure pass them as CFLAGS.  This makes it easy to do the
> same in the windows versions.

Why not always use config.h, and just provide(*) a default config.h for builds
that can't use autotools?  That way we could get rid of most cruft in os.h,
as well :)

a build-specific include directory earlier in the search path, or by having
a default config.h (that gets overwritten by configure) that contains
stuff like

#ifdef SOME_SYMBOL_USED_TO_IDENTIFY_A_CERTAIN_COMPILER
#include "some_path/some_config.h"
#endif