[vorbis-dev] rehuff [source attached]

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Tue Jul 30 17:42:02 PDT 2002

Hi all,

Yes, it's true.  A new version of rehuff, the tool that losslessly compresses
Vorbis files: one that is easy to compile, and that works with
newer-than-two-years-ago streams, too!

On 1.0 streams, you get about 3% size reduction, and the headers get _much_
smaller (which helps for fast-start network streams).

Building it should be easy (you might have to add some -I and -L for libogg).

Missing features:
        - support for floor0 and res0 and res1;
        - recode in-place;
        - support for chained and muxed streams etc;
        - built-in mail client.

If you have any comments on rehuff, be sure to contact me about it,

Have fun,

Segher