[vorbis-dev] Re: Vorbis 1.0 released

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Sun Jul 21 07:10:44 PDT 2002

Michael Smith <msmith at labyrinth.net.au> wrote:

> >"oggdec -o -" in fact writes to a file "-.wav" and not to stdout
> >as the man page claims.
>
> I can't reproduce this behaviour on linux, and this would be a _very_
> strange thing to be platform-dependent.

The problem is the -R switch, which I used but neglected to mention.
"oggdec -h" doesn't say so (the man page does), but -R takes an
argument.  I didn't realize that, so the command line options were
interpreted in unexpected ways.

Looking at the source, I see that the argument to -R is treated as
a boolean.  This is totally counter to normal unix usage, where you
would expect plain "-R" (rather than "-R 1") to switch to raw output.

The arguments to -e and -s are also questionable.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de