[vorbis-dev] Re: Vorbis 1.0 released

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Sat Jul 20 08:54:18 PDT 2002

Monty <xiphmont at xiph.org> wrote:

> Nothing much else to say.  Vorbis 1.0 is officially out. Have at.

I have updated the FreeBSD and OpenBSD ports.  I have successfully
played around with it on alpha, i386, and sparc64.

Build issues:

libao-0.8.3/src/Makefile.am specifies this:

libao_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info @LIB_CURRENT@:@LIB_REVISION@:@LIB_AGE@ -ldl

The trailing "-ldl" is bogus because not all platforms have this
library.

Runtime issues:

"oggdec -o -" in fact writes to a file "-.wav" and not to stdout
as the man page claims.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de