[vorbis-dev] cvs: debian updates and autogen.sh trouble

vorbis at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de vorbis at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de
Wed Jul 10 13:17:18 PDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 03:02:28PM +0200, Stefan Bender wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I couldn't help noticing that the debian build system in cvs was
> changed. As I used to compile and install from cvs, I discovered
> a small problem regarding autogen.sh. It's called in debian/rules,
> before the obj-dir is created (and changed into and ../configure is
> started). At least on my system autogen.sh implicitly runs
> ./configure, so the original source path is already configured and
> the following ../configure fails with a hint, to run "make distclean"
> in the source path first. Simply changing ../configure into
> ../autogen.sh didn't help either, because configure looks for
> ./ltool rather than ../ltool (or something like that).
> Changing the call of "./autogen.sh" to "./autogen.sh --help" did it
> for me, because then it just creates configure, prints a help message
> and then exits so ../configure can be run without complaining about
> an already configured source path.
> Of course this wouldn't be a problem in the release version because
> it already has configure and autogen.sh isn't needed at all; but
> maybe the debian/ maintainer would like to look into it. :)

Here:

I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
Generating configuration files for vorbis, please wait....
  aclocal
  libtoolize --automake
  automake --add-missing
automake: configure.in: installing ./install-sh'
automake: configure.in: installing ./mkinstalldirs'
automake: configure.in: installing ./missing'
configure.in: 42: required file ./ltconfig' not found
  autoconf
configure.in:48: warning: AC_CANONICAL_HOST invoked multiple times
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... yes
./ltconfig: ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
configure: error: libtool configure failed
f:/home/cvs/vorbis #

May be Ogg Vorbis is Debian only?

--
Frank Klemm