[vorbis-dev] Sensitivity to sounds with frequency

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Sun Jul 7 11:24:52 PDT 2002

It turns out, I found the answer just after I posted the question.
There's got to be a version of Murphy's law about this...

Anyway, what I was after is called Equal Loudness Curves, and they can be
found e.g. here:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/sound/eqloud.html

Short version: they're non-linear, and the slope changes with intensity.

Thanks,
Martin