[vorbis-dev] How to compile Ogg Vorbis?

vorbis at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de vorbis at fuchs.offl.uni-jena.de
Wed Jul 3 10:46:54 PDT 2002

Problem:

        Can't compile "ao", "ogg", "vorbis" and "vorbis-tools" on this Linux system.
        On an older system only the "vorbis-tools" can't be compiled.

        Tested CVS of 2002-07-01, 2002-07-02 and 2002-07-03.

        Linux Kernel 2.2.19
        gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
        libtool	ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2 (1.922.2.54 2001/09/11 03:33:37)
        automake (GNU automake) 1.4
        autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
        curl-7.9.8
        gettext-0.11.2
        GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath
        (basic system was a SuSE 6.4)

        f:/home/cvs/ao # ./autogen.sh
        I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
        to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
        Generating configuration files for libao, please wait....
          aclocal
          libtoolize --automake
          automake --add-missing
        configure.in: 30: required file ./ltconfig' not found
          autoconf
        checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
        checking for working aclocal... found
        checking for working autoconf... found
        checking for working automake... found
        checking for working autoheader... found
        checking for working makeinfo... found
        checking for gcc... gcc
        checking for suffix of executables...
        checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
        checking for ranlib... ranlib
        checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
        checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
        checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
        checking whether ln -s works... yes
        ./ltconfig: ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
        configure: error: libtool configure failed
        f:/home/cvs/ao # _

        Messages of the other projects are similar.

        - Compiling Ogg Vorbis under MS Visual C++ 6.0
        - Compiling Ogg Vorbis under MS Visual C++/Net
        - Compiling Ogg Vorbis under MS-DOS 3.3 + Zortech C++ 3.0 or Watcom C++ 10
          (Fanless computer with Intel 166 MMX + 8 MByte RAM)
        - Also I want to burn the Ogg Vorbis code on every CD-ROM with Ogg
          Vorbis files and there should be a chance to compile this in 10
          years within 1 or 2 hours.

Thanks for your help in advance.

--
Frank Klemm