[vorbis-dev] rc3 artifact (left-dist)

Daniel Resare noa at metamatrix.se
Sun Jan 13 16:51:24 PST 2002

I have now listened to some rc3-encoded ogg-files, and overall it sounds
great! I have, howerver encountered an annoying artifact in rc3 that
could be described as a pumping or vibrating distortion. In the
beginning of the provided sample the artifact is easily noticed in the
left channel, but later in the sample i belive it is somewhat to the
right in the stereo image.

The artifact dissapears somewhere around quality 9.0 and it does not
exist in rc2.

wav, flac and various ogg-files can be found at
http://noa.tm/vorbis/left-dist/

This is also filed as a bug in bugs.xiph.org (#128)

cheers
/noa

--
begin:vcard fn:Daniel Resare tel;cell:+46739442044 tel;work:+468332040
adr;work:Scheelegatan 36; 112 28; Stockholm; Sweden end:vcard