[vorbis-dev] RC3 killer sample?

eDb eric.bryant at maine.edu
Sat Jan 12 00:24:57 PST 2002

I was able to ABX 60.wav from the lame samples up to q=5.9 (13/16 tries at
that quality level). I failed to ABX it at q=6.0 (8/16).
The sample exhibits a pumping artifact; a "fluttering", if you will, of the
amplitude. The effect becomes more pronounced as quality setting / bitrate
decreases.
Any thoughts?
Also - if anyone replies to this, could you CC me a copy? I'm not on the
vorbis-dev list.
(Or maybe I could just shut up and check the list archive on xiph. =)

eDb