[vorbis-dev] vorbis_encode_init

august august at alien.mur.at
Wed Jan 9 03:14:42 PST 2002

hello,

my first post.  apologies if this mail is better suited to the Vorbis User
list.

-------

I've seen that vorbis_encode_init_vbr is the new call for the vorbisenc
API, but since i am programming an app for streaming, I wanted
to know if:

  a.) the vbr init call is ok for streaming applications ?
  b.) if the old vorbis_encode_init call should still work as before?

-1) )  returns 1 when samplerate is anything other than 44100.

in RC2 i could send it other samplerates.

is this supposed to be so?  am i mising something? should i just be using
the vorbis_encode_init_vbr call?

thanks.  - august.

the code under CVS is much more advanced but still very alpha.