[vorbis-dev] new vorbisenc behaviour

msmith at labyrinth.net.au msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Jan 1 17:45:02 PST 2002

Adam Ottley <aottley at shaw.ca> said:

> On Tuesday January 01 2002 9:46 am, you wrote:
> >
> > now gives me vorbis files that average around 325 - 350.
> >

> I'm getting the same thing when using KDE's audiocd:/ ioslave to encode to
> vorbis.  Here's part of the output from running ogginfo on such a file:

This is to be expected. API additions mean that correct bitrates require
minor (and very simple) changes to any encoder. For true-VBR encoding,
there's a new init function (vorbis_encode_init_vbr(), I think) to use
instead of vorbis_encode_init().

For bounded bitrates, things differ a bit more - see encoder_example.c for
what things should be like now.

Michael