[vorbis-dev] ogginfo integrity tests

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Tue Jan 22 19:27:18 PST 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 06:29:03PM -0800, Aaron Plattner wrote:
> Somehow I ended up with a file that the remnants of some other stream
> chained to the front.  The file plays fine in ogg123, but ogginfo
> prints the following:
>
> filename=1d4e3e4d2e4e625aa0da49.ogg
> header_integrity=fail
> stream_integrity=fail
> stream_truncated=true
>
> serial=16971
> header_integrity=pass
> Encoded using DropOgg 1.0.3d1 Build 20010122 (PPC)
>
> vendor=Xiphophorus libVorbis I 20001031
> version=0
> channels=2
> rate=44100
> bitrate_upper=none
> bitrate_nominal=128000
> bitrate_lower=none
> stream_integrity=pass
> bitrate_average=121141
> length=228.586667
> playtime=3:48
> stream_truncated=false
>
> total_length=228.586667
> total_playtime=3:48
>
> Hopefully this kind of case is not common.

Hmmm... fixable (ogginfo can handle this condition gracefully), but
not as easy as I thought. Sleep takes priority, though, and I'll delay
my stream_integrity commit at least a day.

Thanks for the quick reply.

As for fixing broken streams, try opening it in a comment editor, or
running vorbiscomment on it (anything using vcedit.c). That has
specific code to fix broken streams, IIRC.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net>
- "Know thyself."