[vorbis-dev] ogg123 1.0rc3 thread issue [FIXED] [#112]

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Sat Jan 19 05:55:55 PST 2002

Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> As I have mentioned here before, ogg123 from 1.0rc3 segfaults after
> playing a file on FreeBSD and OpenBSD.  This happens with both the
> native pthread and with GNU pth.  I have finally managed to isolate
> the problem.

Hi Christian, list,

I checked a fix for this problem into xiph.org cvs.  Only tested on OpenBSD/x86
(and regression tested on Linux/ppc), so you might want to test it on FreeBSD.

On OpenBSD 3.0, we still get bitten by the bug in libc_r where signals arriving
while a thread that doesn't handle them runs, don't get delivered to the thread
that _does_ handle them, either.  In short, update libc_r from cvs and
be happy.
Otherwise, you won't be able to pause (^Z), skip to next song (^C), or quit
(^C^C).  You can always stop ogg123 with a SIGQUIT (^\), of course.

Btw, why do the BSD ports remove -O from the Makefiles?  It's actually needed
(for libvorbis, at least).

Have fun,