[vorbis-dev] Question about Python bindings

Andrew Chatham andrew.chatham at duke.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:37:07 PST 2002

Thus spake Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz (gradha at terra.es) :

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 01:06:10PM -0500, Andrew Chatham wrote:
> > Maybe someday. Let me know if you have any questions or problems with
> > the bindings.
>
> I'm tempted to write a simple vorbis-comment binding. At the moment it
> wraps around the vorbis-comment binary, but the idea is to do it the
> right way, talking directly to vcedit.c Is somebody working on this?

Actually, there's a copy of vcedit.c in vorbis-python, now that they're both
under the LGPL. The README in vorbis-python explains how to use it. Comments
are basically in a weird dictionary-like thing, which is kind of confusing in
that all the values are lists, but that's the way it needs to be.

Or maybe you're talking about something else and I'm just sleepy.

Andrew

--
Andrew Chatham
Duke University '02