[vorbis-dev] compressed audio tutorial - "major" update

Graham Mitchell graham at grahammitchell.net
Sun Feb 10 20:32:38 PST 2002

> As everyone else has said, great doc.  The only thing that caught my eye as
> off was the thing about DVD audio being three times the size of CD audio.
> I think the default sampling rate of DVD audio is 96 kHz, so it would do
> more than double the size of audio.

I was referring to the audio portion of video DVDs, which maxes out at
20-bit, 48 kHz for each of the six channels.  But I hadn't even thought about
DVD-Audio, which can go up to 24-bit, 96 kHz for each of six channels.  Ouch!

I added a sentence to this effect.  Thanks!

http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/faq/dvd-audio/faq_2.htm
http://www.digitalaudioguide.com/faq/dvd-audio/faq_2a.htm

--
Graham Mitchell - computer science teacher, Leander High School
"They come to watch me burn."