[vorbis-dev] Re: RC3: oggenc & iconv

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Sun Feb 10 03:54:53 PST 2002

> > I'm currently trying to figure out why RC3 oggenc with iconv support
> > will
> > - dump core; or
>
> That one looks like a bug in Konstantin's iconv implementation, so
> it isn't a vorbis-tools problem.

As there are at least 4 open bugs in our iconv routines, and a few
fundamental problems, Naddy and I decided a rewrite will be the best
solution.  The good news is that it seems to work; the bad news is that
it needs a whole lot more testing, esp. on non-glibc systems.

It will be here in a week or so.

On a related note: what standard or toolkit does the CHARSET environment
variable come from?