[vorbis-dev] Autoconf

Pattara Kiatisevi pkiatisevi at student.ei.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Feb 19 09:47:10 PST 2002

Hi,

I have a question about compiling Ogg/Vorbis. As I plan to have the code
run on the LEON/SPARC CPU so I have to use sparc-rtems-gcc,
sparc-rtems-ld, sparc-rtems-ranlib. Now, in order to compile the libs,
e.g., libogg, I have to create my own Makefile like this:

PROG=bitwise framing
CC=sparc-rtems-gcc
AR=sparc-rtems-ar
RANLIB=sparc-rtems-ranlib
CFLAGS=-rtems -msoft-float -Wall -W -g #-ffast-math -fsigned-char -g -O20
-O2
INCLUDEPATH=-I../include
LIBPATH=-L/usr/local/rtems/sparc-rtems-lib/lib/soft/ # needed for -msoft-float

all: bitwise.c framing.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDEPATH) -c -o bitwise.o bitwise.c
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDEPATH) -c -o framing.o framing.c
        $(AR) rcs libogg.a bitwise.o framing.o
        $(RANLIB) libogg.a

clean:

I think this is not really nice, I saw you use GNU auto* stuff and I
wonder if there is any easier and more intelligent way to do this. E.g.
./configure --something to set this (in the example) CC, AR, RANLIB
variables and also special INCLUDEPATH or LIBPATH also in case that I
compile the application (e.g. ogg123) not only the library.

Thanks much,
Pattara