[vorbis-dev] vorbis.dll; bug in vorbis_dsp_clear?;mc support

Dark Avenger DarkAv at gmx.net
Thu Feb 14 03:06:05 PST 2002

Hello,

I am the author of HeadAC3he, the fastest HQ ac3 transcoding tool. You can get it from http://darkav.de.vu (once it is up again).

I found a bug in the vorbis.dll, at least I think so. I don't know whether this mailing list is the correct one, so I just try:

The line

vorbis_dsp_clear( &pStream->vd );

in the procedure vbEncClose causes something wrong. It is most notable when trying HeadAC3he: Doing an ogg conversion first and afterwards a wav downsampled by ssrc, causes ssrc.dll to calac some wrong samples. When commenting above line, everything seems to work fine. It is not (at least 99% sure) a fault of HeadAC3he or ssrc.dll, because using lame_enc.dll, which causes HeadAC3he to use nearly identical routines as doing vorbis encode, causes no trouble whatsoever! I used the latest rc3 sources to compile vorbis.dll and the latest vorbisdll files from CVS (gotta look, wheter they are updated now, my originals are now a few weeks old) with my modifikations. So it would be great if someone could verify my findings and possibly debug vorbis.

Another thing: A lot of people would love to see multi-channel support enhanced. I guess the channel coupling featured have to be deveopled for that. So just pointing out, that it is actually very welcomed and waited for, in fact. ;-)

Regards,

D A