[vorbis-dev] compressed audio tutorial - "major" update

Adrien Beau adrien.beau at free.fr
Sat Feb 9 22:41:05 PST 2002

Quoting Graham Mitchell <graham at grahammitchell.net>:

> I've made a large update to the introduction to compressed audio.  I
> completely rewrote the first section, which I wasn't happy with.  It now
> features two diagrams (worth 1000 words each!), and is broken up into a
> couple of sections.

I think the second diagram should not represent the samples as in a
bar chart, but as points (say 3 to 5 pixels in diameter). The reader
should still be able to see the sine wave they represent, and will
perhaps better understand that sampling in itself is "sort-of" a
lossy processus.

Kilobits per seconds is abbreviated "kbps", not "Kbps". Kilo is always
lowercase k.

Adrien @ SJSU - adrien.beau at free.fr