[vorbis-dev] ogg123 ^C changes

Scott Wheeler scott at slackorama.net
Wed Feb 6 23:39:45 PST 2002

On Wednesday 06 February 2002 11:37 pm, volsung at asu.edu wrote:

> [*] The observant student will note that ogg123 does not support playlists
> at the moment.  It is left as an exercise to the reader to implement them
> using the latest CVS code and submit it to the list.  :)

Actually, I'll do that.  I haven't contributed to Ogg thusfar, but I need to
write code to do this for my tagger anyway (which in the next release will
support OggVorbis), so this isn't much extra effort for me.  I looked over
the souce and I think that I'd add an extra header and source file to expand
the playlists on the command line out to an array of file names.

The question I have is, is there a canonical way to identify an Ogg playlist?
A file extension?  Should I just check to see if it's a text file and if so
assume it's a playlist?

Cheers,

-Scott