[vorbis-dev] FLAC reader for oggenc

Sebastian Droege sebastian.droege at gmx.de
Tue Dec 24 15:36:47 PST 2002

Hi,
your patch has a two bugs:
1. The FLAC library is not recognized with configure, because of an undefined symbol (log()) in libFLAC.so
Adding -lm to the FLAC libs in configure solves this for me but I have no idea how to add it to the *.am files
2. oggenc aborts compilation with

>make[1]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/vorbis-tools-1.0-r2/work/vorbis-tools-1.0/oggenc'
>../share/libutf8.a ../share/libgetopt.a                -L/usr/lib -lvorbisenc -L/usr/lib -lvorbis -lm -L/usr/lib -logg           -lFLAC -lm -lFLAC -lm
>make[1]: execvp: ../share/libutf8.a: Permission denied
>make[1]: *** [oggenc] Error 127
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/vorbis-tools-1.0-r2/work/vorbis-tools-1.0/oggenc'

I have no idea, what causes this but after manually adding flac.c and flac.h to $oggencsources, adding -lFLAC to the libs and removing all references to FLAC it compiles

After that your patch works perfect for me... Thanks :-)

Bye