[vorbis-dev] dynamicly loading libvorbisenc on Mac OSX

Arne Scheffler a.scheffler at steinberg.de
Tue Aug 27 04:33:55 PDT 2002

On Friday, Aug 23, 2002, at 22:25 Europe/Berlin, Timothy J. Wood wrote:

> On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 01:59  AM, Arne Scheffler wrote:
>> This is what I get :
>> # file /usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.2.0.0.dylib
>> /usr/local/lib/libvorbisenc.2.0.0.dylib: Mach-O bundle ppc
>
>   You must link with -dynamiclib instead of with -bundle.  If you are
> using libtool, it is most likely using bogus flags (-flat_namespace
> -bundle).  These are really wrong for libraries (and -flat_namespace
> is always inferior to the -bundle_loader flag).

It seems that libtool provided with Mac OSX 10.2 is using the  -bundle
flag. So I installed fink and its libtool and the libs
build again correct.
But dynamicly loading of libvorbisenc doesn't work. So I have to
install the libs at /usr/local/lib/ and link them to my app.
Not what I wanted, but it is better than not to support vorbis.

arne