[vorbis-dev] Feedback on Ogg Speex file format

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Wed Aug 14 17:21:37 PDT 2002

Michael Smith wrote:

> >If the first packet has, say, 1000 samples, and you have just
> >the one packet in the first ogg page, should the granulepos
> >be 1000 or 999?
>
> 1000

So granulepos actually is the number of the first sample _not_
decodable using only this page and all pages before it?  Except
if adding this page to the ones before it would not increase
the number of samples decodable, in which case we set granulepos
to -1?  Oh, and special cases for begin/end of stream, of course.

Something is redundant here, or very convoluted, at least ;)