[vorbis-dev] Audio popping in OggDS

MiwongShaib miwongshaib at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 9 10:04:36 PDT 2002

Hi all,
I'm experiencing problems with the OggDS filters. The main one is that when I
play back an audiovideo OGG file (2 x stereo audio track, one played at a time)
the sound is popping and crackling continuously. I thought it was buffer
starvation but it was not. Even if I save to wav the decompressed vorbis track
it contains the popping. It is very audible.

Is it a known problem?

It's serious: it renders the vorbis format, and so the ogg one, useless to me
for movies compression.

Audio files compressed with the OggDropXPd work OK on my system.

Please tell
Thanks in advance
Gabriele